Contrary to previous years when the grant applications were open to all relevant applications, 2020 grant applications will be by invitation only.
Thirty worthy organisations will be identified and invited to apply for the Impact100 SA 2020 grant. Our intention is to help small charities that are doing big things in our community.
Please email any enquiries to Ailsa Young at email@example.com
Wednesday 7 August 2019
Announce 30 charities to be invited to submit expression of interest for 2020 grant
Wednesday 4 September 2019
Applicant Information Evening and Mentor Meet’n’Greet
Friday 4 October 2019
Expression of interest deadline
End November 2019
Top 10 applicants announced and invited to submit full application
Friday 14 February 2020
Full application submission deadline
TBC March 2020
2020 Grant Members Shortlisting Evening
Wednesday 6 May 2020
2020 Grant Announcement Evening at The Arkaba
The following criteria apply to the 2020 grant round, which must be demonstrated by any winners. Each organisation we invite to apply must:
- Have annual turnover of less than $3 million.
- Be registered with Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission and the Australian Tax Office, and have Deductible Gift Recipient Item 1 status (consistent with previous years).
- Be an SA-based organisation (may have local, interstate or international operations).
- Be able to articulate a differentiated or innovative offering (eg how it differs from similar services provided by others in South Australia).
- Operate at the grassroots level—hands-on and directly with the communities they hope to benefit.
- Demonstrate ability to create a high impact for communities (eg articulate and measure outcomes).
Criteria 1, 2 and 3 will be assessed by the Grants Committee prior to an invitation being extended to be a part of the pool of 30.
Criteria 4,5 and 6 will be considered to the extent the information is readily available and at the discretion of the Grants Committee, but the onus will be on the organisation to demonstrate these elements in their application.
Given the application process can be onerous for organisations at the smaller end of the scale we have also decided to invite each applicant to ask for assistance from a group of mentors should they require it at the application stage.
Organisations invited to apply for the 2020 grant will be provided with all application forms and materials.