As the year draws to a close, its customary to think about all that has been achieved and things that we might have done differently. Here’s our “naughty or nice list” in case Santa is reading. We are a volunteer-based organisation with very limited resources, and we know we don’t always get it right or please everyone, but we are always striving to do things better and to be more inclusive, so here’s our list:
*Increased membership to 270 members 😊
* Attracted 48 new members 😊; 28 resignations ☹
*Gave away $270 000 (up last year $250 000) to four great, amazing NFP organisations 😊
*Held a fun Grants Theme Announcement at Torrensville Bowling Club 😊
* Refreshed our Management Committee and Membership sub-committee 😊
* Held a members networking night called ‘Generous South Australians’ where we announced our shortlist of grant applicants at the new Light ADL 😊
* Increased our social media reach on LinkedIn and Facebook 😊
*Held our shortlisting and members networking night in August to select our four finalist charities 😊
*Trialled the use of Grant Toolbox Software for assessing grant applications – sponsored by Resource Co and the Brown family (TyreCycle in 2022) 😊
* Attempted to build capacity by providing scholarships for our four finalists to attend Governance Education classes – sponsored by Duxton Wealth 😊
* Held our 7th annual Grants Awards night at the Arkaba Hotel, which was wonderful 😊 – although there was a long check-in queue at the registration desk and Kath forgot to get thank you flowers for our brilliant guest performer Cate Foskett ☹
* Trialled a Young Impact program for school aged children – 65 participants, $8305 raised for three charities 😊
*Management committee have scheduled a strategy day in February to plan how to make 2022 even more brilliant 😊.
Best wishes and thanks for all that you have contributed over the past year. We look forward to your continued support in 2022.